Many tree care services claim to be tree experts, but there are differences worth checking into. A professional tree removal service should be comfortable discussing the following items:
• Make sure the tree company you hire is insured for property damage and has workman's compensation. If requested, a tree services' insurance company will send you a copy of their workman's compensation insurance.
• Make sure the person recommending the tree removal is an ISA Certified Arborist. To become an ISA Certified Arborist an individual must have experience working for a tree care service or a college / university degree and pass a comprehensive written examination with a score of 72 % or higher. Certification is granted for three years and must be maintained by attending continuing education seminars on tree care topics or retaking the Certified Arborist test.
• Does the tree removal price include removal of the tree brush and wood from the site? If the wood is to be left on site will it be cut to a specified length? Such details should be clearly indicated on a written tree removal estimate form.
• If stump grinding is going to be done find out if grinding of tree roots on the surface is included in the tree removal price quote or if stump grinding is a separate cost.
Our professionally trained arborists have the training, skills, and equipment to safely and efficiently remove unwanted trees from your yard. Some reasons you may want to remove your tree include:
- The tree is dead or dying.
- The location of the tree is poor.
- The tree is hazardous.
Tree removal is a hazardous job that most times requires a professional. Northern Virginia Tree Experts has over 38 years experience removing trees from difficult locations. Some qualifications to consider when selecting a tree care company are:
• Make sure the tree company you hire is insured for property damage and has workman's compensation.
• Request a copy of the tree care companies insurance certificate.
• Ensure that the estimator is an ISA Certified Arborist.
• Is the tree care company a member of other professional organizations such as the Tree Care Industry Association,(TCIA).
Stump grinding is typically the final phase of the removal process. Stump grinding is priced separately and performed generally within 1-2 weeks following tree removal and the grindings are left piled in the existing hole. Surface roots are typically an additional cost so be sure to ask the estimator if you would like to have the surface roots removed.